Sunday, August 12, 2012

Accused by Janice Cantore Review

Accused
by Janice Cantore
I really wasn't sure about this book when I first started reading it.  It seem like it was going nowhere, but I decided to stick it out.  The more I read, the more I got drawn into the book until I struggled to put it down.  In the end, I'm glad I did not give up on it and finished it.

Reading this book, the main character seemed to have everything going against her in life.  No matter what she did, she found herself in the middle of situations that she was trying to avoid.  She wasn't sure if she had what it took to do what needed to be done and she wasn't sure who she could trust.

Most people would have given up in the situation that the main character was in and would have said, leave the task to someone else.  However, Carly knew that it was up to her to take the ball and run with it.  She knew she had a purpose and it kept her going through all kinds of circumstances she found herself in.


I found the book to be a fun read that held my interest.  The further I got into the book, the more I could not put it down.  Yes, the beginning started out kind of slow, but that groundwork was needed for later on in the book.

The one thing I could have done without is all the references to religious beliefs that were made throughout the book.  When I purchased the book, I did not realize it was in the religious category, so I need to qualify my previous statement with this fact.  Even though I didn't care for the religious tone to it, I found Carly's questioning of God and religion refreshing.  More people need to do what she did!

In my review, I would probably give Accused, 4.5 stars.  The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 is because of the religious beliefs peppered throughout the book.  Otherwise, it was full of suspense and very intriguing to read.  You had no idea what was going to happen at each turn of the page or how it was going to end.


Accused (Pacific Coast Justice) by Janice Cantore
Available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback formats.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/11/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment