Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Thirteenth Gift

The Thirteenth Gift
By Charlene Costanzo
To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this book.  Reading, The Thirteenth Gift by Charlene Costanzo has left me wondering exactly what I did read.  I'm almost at the point of going back to re-read the book to see if it makes more sense.  I get the general gist of what the book is about, but in some ways, I'm more lost now than I was when I started reading it.

It has a nice flow to this book and the story is one that you can follow.  However, when I first started reading it, the plot seemed to be going in a different direction than what I was reading.  So at first, it threw me off in what the book was about and it was not until I finally got my directions, that I began to see how it fit together.  It is not a very long book which made it a very quick and easy read.

As far as the subject matter goes, I like the message that comes together at the end of the book.  It feels right and in some ways, it feels familiar to me, but I can't quite put my finger on the reason why.  Of course, this makes it challenging to review this book, because part of me gets it and part of me still doesn't fully understand The Thirteenth Gift.


I found myself mesmerized by the book and I think Charlene Costanzo, the author, is a good story teller.  Yet, I'm scratching my head wondering why it is not all fitting together for me. It may be in how the book was organized that threw me for a loop. This is something I will have to ask and wait for my mind to grasp.  I have a feeling that the reason it seems disjointed to me is that I know there is much truth to the words and I am not ready to connect with them at this time.

Regardless of how I feel about the The Thirteenth Gift, I think it is well worth the purchase and a good book to read.  Most likely you will see things differently than I do and if you get further insights, I'd love to hear them as well.  The author listed her website in the book, so I'll spend some time reading stories and accounts from other people which may trigger my own recollection and memory.

It does have a great message to it, but because I was somewhat lost reading the book, I would most likely only give it 4 stars.  I'd rather give it 5 stars, but I can't honestly say that it is the best book or the most well written book I have ever read.  I do apologize to the author for that, but I have to be honest here of how it came across to me.


The Thirteenth Gift by Charlene Contanzo
Available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback formats.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/5/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment