Saturday, July 14, 2012

1929 Book One By ML Gardner

1929 (Book One)
By ML Gardner
Every now and then a book comes along that you just can't believe how great it is.  This is not a book that I normally would have picked up and read, but I am so glad I did.  Even though I can only read book one of 1929 by M.L. Gardner, I find myself longing to read the future volumes.

This book was such a pleasure to read that I could barely put it down.  Every time I tried to stop and take a rest, my mind raced with desire to know what happened next.  At every twist and turn, I found myself wondering what would happen next and how the characters of the story would make it.  Even though the book is written as fiction, it all seems so real, believable, and as if I was there living right along side each of these characters.

The story hits me because I see people with money as having life together with no problems and not a care in the world.  Yet, as I read books like this and others, I"m beginning to wonder if that is as true as the story lines would appear.  In this case, the wealth was taken away in the matter of a few hours in the stock market crash of 1929 and their life was not the same from there on out.  In fact, the main characters went from having people take care of their every need, to figuring out how to survive.


The tragedy they faced layered upon the worries and stress they endured was great.  I found the book to be inspirational, yet troubling at times.  My mind constantly thinks of how it must feel to have had everything in life and then lost it all.

I know that there are a core set of ideals in life that truly matter and beyond that, it is all window dressing.  No matter how much money you have or what kind of house you live in and car you drive, the core values of life matter more.  Sometimes, it takes us coming to the end of what appears to be the norm in our life, only to find out what truly matters.

I'm anxiously waiting for book two to be published because I can't wait to find out what happens next.  1929 (Book One) has to be one of my all time favorite books with a plot line that keeps twisting and turning.   I'm only saddened that as of the time I am writing this that book two has not been published.  I can only hope that it is published soon and the author spends every waking minute getting it finished.  In the meantime you can check it out on Amazon.com.


1929 (Book One) by M.L. Gardner
Available in Kindle Format



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 7/14/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment